Aloe Vera is often called a miracle plant and is easy to maintain in our homes. It is used for ages to nourish our body from inside, it is rich in nutrients and aids in improving digestion and immunity. Aloe Vera is taken orally in the form of juice & also applied topically to improve skin condition and help prevent hair loss. Its juice can be made at home very easily.
If you have an Aloe Vera plant at home, then it’s very easy to extract its gel from the plant. Select fatter leaves and cut it from the base. Then using a sharp knife, peel of the skin of the leaves and with the help of a spoon scrape the gel. This gel is used to make Aloe Vera juice as follow:
- Take 1 tablespoon of Aloe Vera gel in a blender.
- Add juice of half lemon.
- Add 1 tablespoon of Honey (optional).
- Add 300 ml of drinking water and mix well in the blender to make uniform juice.
- This juice is best served immediately but can be stored in refrigerator for few hours.
Benefits of Aloe Vera:
- Aloe Vera juice is taken as a refreshing drink to hydrate our body from inside. It refreshes and detoxifies our body. It helps in treatment of constipation and its regular use is beneficial for joint health and weight loss.
- It helps moisturize the skin and keeps the skin hydrated. It leaves a film over the surface of skin and helps unclog the pores.
- It boosts healing of wounds by providing hydration which speeds up natural wound healing. It is a great remedy for 1st & 2nd degree burns. It also speeds up skin cell reproduction by eight times.
- It fights skin aging process as Aloe Vera contains Vitamin C and E and beta-carotene thus helps in delaying of the aging process and reduces appearance of wrinkles and fine lines
- It helps in increasing of the production of collagen in the body and improves skin elasticity.
- It increases blood circulation to the scalp and thus helps in activating new hair growth. It contains certain types of enzymes that help repair dead skin on the scalp
- It helps sooth sunburn. Aloe Vera has cooling & anti-inflammatory properties